I know what you’re thinking.
“Curt, how do you keep unstintingly putting out so much content and giving SO much value? And how do you stay so handsome? And what’s your number?”
Well, I love you too.
And I have no intention of being meretricious — this week is no different.
I sat down with Holly Million, a fundraising expert, and she confessed tactics she hasn’t revealed to ANYONE in a podcast. Even I learned new tricks.
- 4:28 – How to get a “fiscal sponsor” + step by step outline of what acquiring funding looks like
- 21:28 – Exact words to use when trying to get a foundation to fund you (even when they say they don’t fund films)
- 32:18 – The psychology of urgency, deadlines, and momentum
- 37:08 – Why you shouldn’t give up on your film
- 44:50 – Does your film need a social-cause spin? The answer is YES. Here’s how.
- 53:18 – Using the connections you already have (even if you think you have none)
I’m curious though, what’s ONE thing that stood out to you in this podcast, and how will you take action on it? Hit reply and let me know.
I read and respond to every email. It’s heartwarming to read how you’ve been impacted:
Don’t stop taking action…
You have more power than you think. And you’re stronger than you think too.
Director / Writer / Producer
You know how Eminem is the Rap God? Well up North there in Canada, Curt's referred to as Toronto's "Film God." Studying mathematics and physics, his switch to filmmaking has given him a unique eye where he sees how things are traditionally done in the industry and goes "Um.. WTF." With a focus on results, and not just "festivals", Curt has taken cues from the startup world as well as deep psychology to help other independent filmmakers get connected, get funded, and make money with their films.